[DAS] Genotype MyDAS adapter

Jonathan Warren jw12 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 10:15:18 UTC 2011

Thanks Manuel, that's exactly the sort of reply we are hoping for.
It's great if people want to publicise what they are doing on the list.

In addition I should add that if people wish to distribute 23AndMe
data via DAS I have developed a very simple MyDAS adapter for this
purpose that comes with the current myDAS download (http://code.google.com/p/mydas/
).
Comprehensive instructions for setting up the database and uploading
the data file can be found here: http://biodasman.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/how-to-create-a-genotype-database-for-use-as-a-das-source/
The configuration for connecting to this database is also in MyDAS and
the blog.

Obviously this isn't an automatic set-up via a pretty interface, but
it's relatively simple for anyone with a degree of technical ability
to do in the mean time.

jw12 at sanger.ac.uk
Ext: 2314
Telephone: 01223 492314