[DAS] Survey on DAS projects

Manuel Corpas mc at manuelcorpas.com
Thu Nov 17 17:11:08 UTC 2011

Dear Jonathan,

I hope you do not mind me copying the DAS list in this email, as we
would be very keen to gather interest in the community regarding DAS
applications to whole genomes.

We are interested in exploring DAS in the context of genomic variants
(SNPs, indels, CNVs) from personal genomes plus their integration with
relevant sources (genes, variation data, phenotypes).

Currently we have done a lot of work with 23andMe (whole-genome)
genotypes but now we are expecting to extend our efforts further to
exome data. A critical tool we are currently missing is one that
allows automatic creation of DAS sources via an API directly from bed
format (used by 23andMe) or vcf (1000genomes).

Anyone interested in discussing these topics please let me know.

Kind regards,
Manuel

Manuel Corpas, PhD
Tel:      +44.122349.2372