[DAS] RELAX NG schema for "sequence" command

Andy Jenkinson andy.jenkinson at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Mar 1 16:19:12 UTC 2011

To put another way, the ERRORSEGMENT element is only valid if the server supports the error-segment capability. I guess the issue is that the only use of the RNG schemas upto now for validation has been by the registry.

Personally from a technical point of view, I think including the errorsegment element in the RNG schemas (this will apply to many commands not just sequence) is the "correct" interpretation. However that means the registry would need to apply it's errorsegment test separately rather than relying on the rng to flag it as invalid. It already does the reverse of this test separately so this makes sense to me (i.e. if I ask for a bad segment do you give me an errorsegment element?).

Cheers,
Andy