[DAS] Setting up DAS with ensembl plugin

Jithesh M K jithesh at ibioinformatics.org
Sat Aug 7 07:47:59 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I am a newbie in this field. I would like to set up a DAS server with the
ensembl plugin. I have tried configuring it but in vain. This is what I have
tried.

I downloaded the dazzle-1.00 source from the site and compiled it using the
ant utility. It gave me errors in the file AbstractDataSource.java telling
about the MatchType. So I used the DazzleDataSource.MatchType to remove this
error. I got the jar file using the ant compile then.

I got only one datasource ID test and the tss was giving errors.

2004-08-03 15:57:51 Couldn't initialize datasource tss
org.biojava.servlets.dazzle.datasource.DataSourceException:
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field
org.biojava.servlets.dazzle.datasource.GFFAnnotationSource.REGION_PATTERN
from class
org.biojava.servlets.dazzle.datasource.GFFAnnotationSource$Handler
2004-08-03 15:57:51 DazzleServerMain: *** WARNING *** Lost a data source tss

When I tried it with the test file provided with a client it also didn't
give a proper output. I had followed the manual provided at the site.

If anyone can assist me in setting up the server, I would definitely
appreciate.

Thanks in Advance