[DAS] how to setup load file of ldas database?

Tony Cox avc at sanger.ac.uk
Wed May 14 12:53:15 EDT 2003

make sure you are loading a flat file with the fileds separated by tabs rather
than multiple spaces (some text editor emulate tabs with spaces). This will
casue the loader to barf. I have been caught by this one before.

Maybe we should change the loader script to accept any whitespace char(s) as
separator...

Tony

Tony Cox			Email:avc at sanger.ac.uk
Sanger Institute		WWW:www.sanger.ac.uk
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus	Webmaster
Hinxton				Tel: +44 1223 834244
Cambs. CB10 1SA			Fax: +44 1223 494919

+>and I try to setup ldas as an annotation server
+>
+>i have a question about load file of database
+>
+>i try to follow the example in page
+>http://www.biodas.org/servers/LDAS.html
+>but when i use ldas_load.pl to input data(from the example)
+>it returns :
+>skipping  [references]
+>Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/local/bin/Das2GFF.pl line
+>50, <F> line 1.
+>Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/local/bin/Das2GFF.pl line
+>50, <F> line 1.
+>Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/local/bin/Das2GFF.pl line
+>50, <F> line 1.
+>skipping  #id    class           length
+>Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/local/bin/Das2GFF.pl line
+>50, <F> line 2.
+>Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/local/bin/Das2GFF.pl line
+>50, <F> line 2.
+>Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/local/bin/Das2GFF.pl line
+>50, <F> line 2.
+>skipping  Chr1     Chromosome   10000
+>Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/local/bin/Das2GFF.pl line
+>50, <F> line 3.
+>Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/local/bin/Das2GFF.pl line
+>50, <F> line 3.
+>Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/local/bin/Das2GFF.pl line
+>50, <F> line 3.
+>
+>i have no idea about this fault, what should i do?
+>and if i have my own annotation (some EST and its genomics position)
+>what should i have in reference region of load file?
+>
+>my system is debian linux,
+>i install apache,mysql,bioperl-1.0 from debian's package
+>and download/install ldas-1.11 from biodas ftp site
+>
+>
+>
+>DAS mailing list