[DAS] Getting Started With DAS

Brian Gilman gilmanb@genome.wi.mit.edu
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 15:35:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Dave,

	Yes, OmniGene has a library called omnidas which is a full
features client library to  DAS 1  servers. We have many, many examples of
pulling data from the common data providers. See our /examples/omnidas
directory to get a good overview of how to use the API. There is also
fairly good documentation on using this library in /docs. Then, when you
becoming a bit more daring, try using our web services layer that connects
to DAS and 1.0 to SOAPify it. After this you may delve deeper and look
into our webservices packages for "everything functional genomics".

	Any questions can be directed to: omnigene@sourceforge.net or
omnigene@genome.wi.mit.edu or gilmanb@genome.wi.mit.edu. There are 15
developers who are happy to help you on either of the first two lists.

			Best,

					-B

Brian Gilman <gilmanb@genome.wi.mit.edu>
Group Leader Medical & Population Genetics Dept.
MIT/Whitehead Inst. Center for Genome Research
One Kendall Square, Bldg. 300 / Cambridge, MA 02139-1561 USA
phone +1 617  252 1069 / fax +1 617 252 1902