[DAS] Getting Started With DAS

Tony Cox avc@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 08:29:30 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Dave Wall wrote:

David,

The java library you probably need is omnidas - part of the omnigene suite of
APIs. Find it at Sourceforge.

regards

Tony

+>Hi everyone.  I am new to DAS and have a few questions about getting
+>started.  Would anyone be will to answer a few questions via email to help
+>me get started?  (I am thinking email would work better because then we
+>wouldn't clutter up the forum.)  As background and to help you see what I
+>am after, I am looking at the client side of DAS.  I wrote a little code to
+>access a public DAS server but was not able to complete a path to an
+>annotation.  I can get a list of DSNs and a list of features, but am not
+>able to see the annotation referenced by the feature.  To take it back a
+>level, reading some of the forums and web sites there is talk of a java
+>based LGPL class library to help write the client side.  Unfortunately I
+>can't find the class library or documentation for it.  Anyone willing to
+>take a few minutes to answer a few questions?  Thanks!
+>
+>David Wall
+>IBM Life Sciences
+>