[DAS] Getting Started With DAS

Dave Wall dawall@us.ibm.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:45:02 -0500

Hi everyone.  I am new to DAS and have a few questions about getting
started.  Would anyone be will to answer a few questions via email to help
me get started?  (I am thinking email would work better because then we
wouldn't clutter up the forum.)  As background and to help you see what I
am after, I am looking at the client side of DAS.  I wrote a little code to
access a public DAS server but was not able to complete a path to an
annotation.  I can get a list of DSNs and a list of features, but am not
able to see the annotation referenced by the feature.  To take it back a
level, reading some of the forums and web sites there is talk of a java
based LGPL class library to help write the client side.  Unfortunately I
can't find the class library or documentation for it.  Anyone willing to
take a few minutes to answer a few questions?  Thanks!

David Wall
IBM Life Sciences