[DAS] experimental das2 ensembl service

Roger Pettett rmp@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:49:25 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
I've been trying to implement a DAS2 compliant SOAP service based on the
Ensembl databases here.

I have a service running and available, I'm just not sure it conforms to
the specs. It's been interesting trying to do this with the biodas site
unavailable ;)

I've tried to test it with omniview but the client is painfully slow,
making it more or less unusable.

My service description (text/html) and example perl client are available
at:
http://services.sanger.ac.uk/das/

and the service itself is available at:
http://services.sanger.ac.uk/soap/das

I would appreciate anyone trying this out and hearing any feedback it
generates. I would also like to stress this is very much an experimental
service, so on no account should the address be used by production
systems (yet).

I hope this is the beginning of something useful!

R.

 Roger Michael Pettett           Email: rmp@sanger.ac.uk
 Project Leader (Web Systems),   Web: http://www.sanger.ac.uk/
 The Sanger Institute                 http://www.yourgenome.org/