[DAS] DAS & cuban cigars and porn offers

Titus Brown titus@caltech.edu
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:09:00 -0700

-> I think it's time for this mailing list to be administrated...otherwise
-> time to unsubscribe....too much junk mail. Is some action to be taken?

It looks like the spammers are forging e-mail from e-mail addresses that
are allowed to post to the list -- for example, if someone forged an
e-mail from you, it would go through.  Most spam isn't getting through,
I'd bet.

Mailman has a nice moderation system, but it's kind of annoying to have
to moderate a discussion list.  I'd rather keep it this open; I get ~40
pieces of spam a day, and there are other ways to flag or get rid of it...

--titus