[BioSQL-l] ontology for transitive closure table

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q at virginia.edu
Tue Mar 18 07:40:04 EST 2003

It seemed to me that we needed this field in the path table for the same
reason we needed it in the relationship table, to ensure that we know the
namespace under which this path is defined (which may be a different
namespace under which the relationships themselves are defined).  This
gives one the ability to have multiple transitive closure graphs in the
same table, "typed" by namespace.

Maintenance of these graphs is left as an exercise to the reader (but
DBIx::Graph is coming to a CPAN to near you).

-Aaron

--
 Aaron J Mackey
 Pearson Laboratory