[Biopython] Uniprot UNIfire new engine

Téletchéa Stéphane stephane.teletchea at univ-nantes.fr
Fri Jul 12 10:05:04 UTC 2019

Le 12/07/2019 à 11:59, Peter Cock a écrit :
> I've not watched the video, and only skimmed the slides. How would
> you see this fitting into Biopython?

Launching UNIfire / reading its output?

I have more and more demands from colleagues to do some sort of
"integromics", and biopython is for sure one of the tool I use (see for
instance http://www.dsimb.inserm.fr/respire/).

After doing most of the work, I realized some could (should?) have been
integrated directly into biopython (in the same manner as ssbio,
https://github.com/SBRG/ssbio, for instance). Before doing it *again*,
I'm asking first this time.

Since this may not be the goal of biopython, I though it would deserve a
question :-)

Btw, totally unrelated, a nice introduction to biopython by one of my
colleague (in French):
https://connect.ed-diamond.com/GNU-Linux-Magazine/GLMFHS-073/La-bioinformatique-avec-Biopython

Best,

Stéphane

--
Assistant Professor in BioInformatics, UFIP, UMR 6286 CNRS, Team Protein
Design In Silico