[Biopython] Uniprot UNIfire new engine

Téletchéa Stéphane stephane.teletchea at univ-nantes.fr
Fri Jul 12 09:39:27 UTC 2019

Dear all,

I had the opportunity to attend to a congress last week called JOBIM in
Nantes (France). There was a very interesting talk by Rabie Saidi from
the EBI about the new annotation engine called UNIfire.

See for more information:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7wuufRp-GM
-
https://gitlab.ebi.ac.uk/uniprot-public/unifire/blob/master/misc/media/UniFIRE-URML.pptx
- https://gitlab.ebi.ac.uk/uniprot-public/unifire

The new format of the processed data is URML, and UNIfire could be used
locally to produce a specific analysis from a given sequence, unrelated
to upstream UNIPROT.

Has anyone started to work on this? Looking at the reference SeqIO
parser, I do not see it :-)
(https://github.com/biopython/biopython/blob/master/Bio/SeqIO/UniprotIO.py)

And yes, I agree to participate in it, but no I cannot handle it myself
only, not being expert enough in biopython coding :-)

Best

Stéphane

--
Assistant Professor in BioInformatics, UFIP, UMR 6286 CNRS, Team Protein
Design In Silico