[Biopython-dev] Biopython Project Update 2015; was BOSC 2015 Call for Abstracts

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:32:13 UTC 2015

Hi Joao,

Last year all the main talks were 15 minutes plus 3 for questions
(i.e. 18 minute slots - shorter than ideal but good for scheduling
into the time blocks), except the project updates which got 10 mins
plus two for questions (12 minute slots), and lightning talks (5 mins
only, no questions). Exactly what we end up with for BOSC 2015
will depend in part on the number of good abstracts, but something
similar.

Having you present the Biopython Project Update would be good.

My plan is to attend the Galaxy conference in Norwich (GCC2015)
back-to-back with BOSC in Dublin (no funds to stay for ISMB/ECCB
as well, and frankly three meetings in a row would be exhausting).

Unfortunately GCC2015 will clash with the BOSC CodeFest, but
otherwise I would want to attend the CodeFest, which can be both
productive and good fun.

I yet don't know of any other Biopython people going to Dublin.

Bow: Do you remember if we put the abstract LaTeX files into
GitHub somewhere last year?

Peter

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 1:12 PM, João Rodrigues <
j.p.g.l.m.rodrigues at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I'm considering going to the BOSC this year (not to ISMB/ECCB),

still weighing my options. If I would go, I wouldn't mind presenting,

maybe indeed including a bit of how we use Biopython here in the

lab. How long is a short talk? I would consider going for the

Codefest and BOSC. Who else is planning to go?