[Biopython-dev] GitHub repository for Biopython Project talks/abstracts?, e.g. BOSC

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 2 13:48:02 UTC 2014

Retitling from the BOSC 2014 abstract discussion,

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Wibowo Arindrarto
<w.arindrarto at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Not just for bosc_talks but just talks (e.g.
>>> https://github.com/biopython/talks) in general perhaps? Then there is
>>> also space for other more general biopython-related talks too (e.g.
>>> tutorials)?
>>
>> I like the idea of https://github.com/biopython/talks as a shared
>> repository for Biopython presentations from the team - things
>> like BOSC talks, or other events like the SciPy or EuroSciPy
>> conferences.
>
> Shall I make this repo? This sounds like the right place to put the abstract :).
>
> Cheers,
> Bow

Are there any objections to creating this new repository for plain text
files (e.g. LaTeX or other markup) for any official Biopython talks or
talk abstracts? e.g. Is it better to have separate repositories?

If yes, should it start with (back-dated) commits for the recent BOSC
abstracts (at least those which I have as LaTeX files)?

Should we settle on a default licence for future content (e.g. actual
slides)? I would suggest CC-BY v4.0 for this.