[Bioperl-l] standardize shebang line in bioperl scripts

Carnë Draug carandraug+dev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 17:31:00 UTC 2018

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 16:43, Fields, Christopher J
<cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:
> On September 4, 2018 at 9:41:53 AM, Carnë Draug (carandraug+dev at gmail.com) wrote:
>> ...
>> I have pushed the changes. This required changes to the following
>> repos:
>> Bio-Biblio
>> Bio-EUtilities
>> Bio-SearchIO-Writer-BSMLResultWriter
>> bioperl-live
>> Not sure if the change is worth a new patch release. I also did not
>> mention the change on the Changelog because again, I'm not sure if
>> this worth a note.
>> The issue remains on the Bio-Graphics package but that's not really
>> part of bioperl anyway and I never get a reply from them about bug
>> reports and patches anyway.
>> I have also removed the `-w` flag on all other modules and scripts,
>> which covered many other repositories, but I done it on the day I sent
>> the first email.
>> Carnë
> We’re probably overdue for a patch release.  I still see some odd
> random travis-ci fails with bioperl but restarting them seems to fix
> them, not sure why.  I do see a more serious fail on Bio-EUtilities
> that’s worth investigating, something that is going on with espell:
> https://travis-ci.org/bioperl/Bio-EUtilities

That's not really because of my change.  Looking at the build history
[1], it has been failing for 9 months, since this change [2].

I have fixed it now [3].


[1] https://travis-ci.org/bioperl/Bio-EUtilities/builds
[2] https://github.com/bioperl/Bio-EUtilities/commit/f5ad9e6c4d95
[3] https://github.com/bioperl/Bio-EUtilities/commit/c723180987c3

More information about the Bioperl-l mailing list