[Bioperl-l] KEGG web API access

Alexey Morozov alexeymorozov1991 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 04:12:35 UTC 2013

Gentlemen, I'm writing a little script to get sequences from KEGG DB via
web-API and maybe will extend it to the whole module. However, API web page
contains following quote:

KEGG API is provided for use by academic users for academic purposes. This
service should not be used for bulk data downloads. Please obtain KEGG FTP
academic subscription <http://www.kegg.jp/kegg/download/> for downloading
KEGG data.

So, I guess, web downloads of sequences are not forbidden, but not exactly
encouraged either. Can someone please explain whether such module will be
welcome in bioperl and whether it does in fact violate KEGG's licenses.

--
Alexey Morozov,
LIN SB RAS, bioinformatics group.