[Bioperl-l] Restriction Enzyme Analysis

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Thu May 26 21:15:53 UTC 2011

> Let me preface this question by saying that, after following various online
> sets of instructions, I was unable to "install" bioperl on my Mac.
> However, by simply copying Bio into a Perl directory, I have some limited
> functionality.

Sorry you've had trouble installing BioPerl, Mark. For nearly all of the
functionality, your method of installation will work just fine. That's
exactly how I and many others use BioPerl. (For those curious about this,
there are instructions on the BioPerl install page, or my own version here:
http://seqxml.org/xml/BioPerl.html).

Sorry also about the trouble with the HOWTO code — it's important that the
example code works! (my guess is that this did in fact work at some point
but is now outdated.)

In any case, the solution is to change this line

> for my $enz ($six_cutter_collection){

for my $enz ($six_cutter_collection->each_enzyme() ) {

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll also change it in the HOWTO.

Dave