[Bioperl-l] Reg. Objects created by default on Bioperl

ravikumar jayachandran rjbuzz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:13:31 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding the object name created automatically on the perl
script. What basis are the objects assigned to a specific module on? Please
find the link below which I found on the link,
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:Beginners.

---------------------------------
use Bio::Seq;
use Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast;

$blast_obj = Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast->new(-program  =>
'blastn', -database => 'db.fa'));

$seq_obj = Bio::Seq->new(-id  =>"test query", -seq
=>"TTTAAATATATTTTGAAGTATAGATTATATGTT");

$report_obj = $blast_obj->blastall($seq_obj);

$result_obj = $report_obj->next_result;

print <http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/print.html> $result_obj->num_hits;

For example, "next_result" method is present in Bio::SearchIO module.
$report_obj has been used to access this "next_result" method. I don't
understand on what basis $report_obj has been defined to Bio::SearchIO by
default. Please help me understand the concept.

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi.