[Bioperl-l] New perl CUDA bindings

Smithies, Russell Russell.Smithies at agresearch.co.nz
Sun Jul 3 21:40:00 UTC 2011

Bit of a coincidence, I'm currently looking at GPU stuff as we're putting in a load of them as a new compute cluster. All HP SL390-G7s so if anyone has any experience working with these, please get in touch as I think I'll need a few pointers!

For anyone looking for a good implementation of blast that runs on GPUs, I'd recommend this one: http://eudoxus.cheme.cmu.edu/gpublast/gpublast.html
Compiles easily and runs as it should.
In the past I've tried many of the applications from the "Tesla Bio Workbench" http://www.nvidia.com/object/tesla_bio_workbench.html  and had limited success getting anything to even compile.

--Russell