[Bioperl-l] Standalone blast

khush ........ bioinfo.khush at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 04:53:50 UTC 2011

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your support.

If need to change the following lines like

$blast_obj = Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast->new(-program  => 'blastx',
-database => 'nr.fa'));

$seq_obj = Bio::Seq->new(-id  =>"test query", -seq =>"file.fa");

I have a simple and basic query for you, as I am beginners in bioperl, that
if I need to download the whole nr database from NCBI to run the code or It
will directly fetch information from the NCBI website. I do not understand
it, because downloading the whole nr d/b itself takes long time for me.

How could I read whole file instead of simple string "TTTATAGATAGAGACAG" in
-seq (a fasta file). Is there a simple way to do the exercise according to
my conditions.

Thank you
Kamal