[Bioperl-l] BioPerl Core 1.6.1 PPM now available

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Sat Oct 10 05:24:37 UTC 2009

The first cut at the ActivePerl PPM distribution for BioPerl core
1.6.1 is now available.  Instructions for installing on Windows are
here:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Installing_Bioperl_on_Windows

I have made this installation architecture-independent, but it has
only been testing on WinXP using ActivePerl 5.10.1.1006.  A couple of
modules may give warnings (specifically SOAP::Lite and
XML::SAX::Writer), but the installation should proceed.  We would
appreciate feedback on trying to install this with other versions of
ActivePerl or on more recent versions of Windows (Vista, Win7).

Enjoy!