[Bioperl-l] Uniprot/Swiss accessions?

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon May 18 20:44:17 UTC 2009

If you need to retain mapping between acc => gi it gets a little more
complicated; most procedures to NCBI return a 'bag' of gi's w/o any
relation to their original accession.  You can grab them via esummary,
though, but you'll have to iterate through them.

The other option is LiveLists (has both nuc and protein acc => gi).
I'm assuming this would have the swissprot accessions included (famous
last words):

ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/genbank/livelists/README.genbank.livelists

chris