[Bioperl-l] Uniprot/Swiss accessions?

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers.org
Mon May 18 14:34:39 UTC 2009

you could:

1) Use eutils search with -database protein -term "srcdb swiss prot"[Properties]
  If you use a retmax of 100000 it should only take a few seconds to download the 458,445 ginumbers.
  I just did it.

2) use fastacmd to extract the fasta from nr for these gis, and parse the defline.
  (assuming you have a copy of nr)

Does this work for you?

Malcolm Cook
Stowers Institute for Medical Research - Kansas City, Missouri