[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::Query::GenBank question

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Mon Sep 15 19:25:49 UTC 2008

Try removing the line
my @ids = $query->ids;

I don't think GenBank supports this part of the query API now or you
have to execute the query first before you can ask for the number of
IDs from that object.  I don't remember exactly what changed
specifically, but I actually get an error with that line:
------------- EXCEPTION: Bio::Root::Exception -------------
MSG: Id list has been truncated even after maxids requested
STACK: Error::throw
STACK: Bio::Root::Root::throw /usr/local/lib/perl5/Bio/Root/Root.pm:357
STACK: Bio::DB::Query::WebQuery::_fetch_ids /usr/local/lib/perl5/Bio/
DB/Query/WebQuery.pm:237
STACK: Bio::DB::Query::WebQuery::ids /usr/local/lib/perl5/Bio/DB/Query/
WebQuery.pm:201
STACK: query.pl:9

This is the query script I use that works fine for me for my downloads.

http://fungalgenomes.org/~stajich/scripts/download_query_genbank.pl

I'm using SVN code so it is possible things are changed since 1.5.2.

-jason