[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::Query::GenBank question

Andrew Couperthwaite acouperthwaite at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 19:05:13 UTC 2008

the code i'm starting with is this:
=====
use Bio::DB::Query::GenBank;
use Bio::DB::GenBank

my $query_string = 'Oryza[Organism] AND EST[Keyword]';
    my $query = Bio::DB::Query::GenBank->new(-query =>
'Oryza[Organism] AND EST[Keyword]',
    											-db=>'nucleotide');
    my $count = $query->count;
    my @ids   = $query->ids;
    # get a genbank database handle
    my $gb = Bio::DB::GenBank->new();
    my $stream = $gb->get_Stream_by_query($query);

    while (my $seq = $stream->next_seq) {
       # do something with the sequence object
       print "hello";
    }
=====
It doesn't produce any error messages, it simply doesn't enter the
while loop.  It seems as though it isn't getting any results from
genbank?/isn't contacting genbank?

We are running version 1.5.2.  Haven't updated since late May.

-Andrew