[Bioperl-l] SimpleAlign - get_seq_by_id

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at sanbi.ac.za
Fri Oct 24 07:05:27 UTC 2008

Spoke too soon: each_seq_with_id() already exists. Is there really a need for
get_seq_by_id()?

A more general observation: Bio::SimpleAlign with its 83 methods has grown too
big to keep all the code (3055 lines total) in one file. Any volunteers to
break it up into more manageable chunks?

The methods in the current file have already been categorised which should help
in the task:

=head1 Modifier methods
=head1 Sequence selection methods
=head1 Create new alignments
=head1 Change sequences within the MSA
=head1 MSA attributes
=head1 Alignment descriptors
=head1 Alignment positions
=head1 Sequence names

The helper modules should go into Bio::Align name space.

   -Heikki