[Bioperl-l] treexml

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Thu Jun 12 00:56:26 UTC 2008

On Jun 11, 2008, at 5:48 PM, Han, Mira wrote:

> I can remove the TreePhyloXML class,
> And use the tag functions for Bio::Tree::TreeI.
> Yeah, it seems like TreePhyloXML is overkill.
> I don't know about the node though.
> I think it would be cleaner to have a NodePhyloXML,
> Since there are much more than scalar values that will be connected
> to the node,
> Such as annotations, sequences, etc.

Mira -
That sounds quite fine to me.  I agree that the NodePhyloXML is
probably going to be different enough from the generic Node object to
justify making a sub-class.  You may want to inherit from the
interfaces like Bio::AnnotatableI in the NodePhyloXML if you are
attaching annotations, etc.

For example I do this for the Bio::Tree::AlleleNode which are nodes
in a tree and also Individuals from a Population for popgen analyses.

-jason