[Bioperl-l] Trying to install bioPerl-db on Windows XP

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Fri Dec 12 05:49:42 UTC 2008

(please keep responses on the list - there are many more people who
can help)

Hi Lori,

On Dec 11, 2008, at 12:40 PM, Lori G. Wilson wrote:

> Hi, Hilmar,
>
> Thank you.  I had the wrong ORACLE_SID.  I do have a remote database
> on another server in my network, but I don't know where TWO_TASK
> gets set.

it's part of the same initialization scripts that set ORACLE_SID. You
can always set it by hand too.

> [...]
>
> This problem is solved, but I'm still failing a lot of tests.  I
> have attached the latest screen shot of my errors.

I can't do much from a screenshot. You'll have to capture the error
output into a file and send me that file, or copy and paste the entire
log.

Based on the limited number of lines the screenshot shows, my
suspicion would be that you running an old version of BioPerl. You
will need to have v1.5.2 at least.

> I checked all the packages in my bioSQL installation and everything
> seems to have compiled.

BioSQL doesn't have any compiled code, only scripts, and likewise
Bioperl-db, so compiler problems can't be responsible for this (unless
your DBD::Oracle driver fails to even load).

	-hilmar