[Bioperl-l] basic questions

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 12 18:35:15 UTC 2007

Bio::Restriction::EnzymeCollection holds Bio::Restriction::Enzyme
objects, each with its own name().  Using grouped methods like
'$collection->cutters(6)' will retrieve a new EnzymeCollection
containing all six-cutters from the original collection.  You should
use one of the EnzymeCollection accessor methods to retrieve the
enzyme that you wanted first or iterate through them all.  This works
for me:

use Bio::Restriction::EnzymeCollection;
my $all_collection = Bio::Restriction::EnzymeCollection->new();
my $six_cutter_collection = $all_collection->cutters(6);
for my $enz ($six_cutter_collection->each_enzyme){
    print $enz->name,"\t",$enz->site,"\t",$enz->overhang_seq,"\n";
}

chris