[Bioperl-l] Bio::Graphics : To change scale color & sort and add direction to SeqFeature

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Aug 13 15:01:43 UTC 2007

Shameer Khadar wrote:
>> However, do your binding sites really have a direction? That is, do you
>> really know which strand your transcription factor bound to?
 >
> Yes, these info we collated from various experimental datasets.

Well, those datasets I'd like to see... What I was getting at is the
strand probably isn't known at the experimental level, but to describe
the site a strand has to be arbitrarily picked so you can write the
sequence of the site down as a single string. Its probably the case that
the strand information you have is just the way it happened to be
reported in the literature and has no biological meaning.