[Bioperl-l] slow parsing and slow debugging in PDB parsing object

Sang Chul Choi goshng at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 11:39:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm using PDB parsing object, Bio::Structure.
I'm not complaining its slow parsing, but I love this
object because it has been saving my time of coding.
During the debugging of my code, I often call the parsing
function, I guess, Structure::IO->next_structure, which
could be the parsing object. Is there a way to bypass the
parsing part by writing down the object into a file and
directly reading the file during the debugging?

I think that this might not be an appropriate question to this
because this could be a general perl object technique.
But, I will appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Sang Chul