[Bioperl-l] Bug reports and attachments

Phillip San Miguel pmiguel at purdue.edu
Tue Oct 10 14:26:35 UTC 2006

Sendu Bala wrote:

> BTW Phillip, thank you for the bug report but in future use the
> attachment capabilities for files, please don't paste them into the
> comments box.

Sendu,
    Sounds reasonable to me. I should note, however; when I entered the
bug, I was looking for some method to attach files. There is none on the
"Enter Bug: Bioperl" page:

http://bugzilla.open-bio.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Bioperl

Also, "bug writing guidelines" makes no mention of it. I vaguely
remembered there being some method to do it--but given the "bug writing
guidelines" exhortations to be specific and detailed, I thought I must
put the information somewhere. So I put them them the only place offered
(on that page)--"Description:"
    I see that, once submitted, attachments can be added to a bug
report. Is that normally how it is done? Doesn't each attachment result
in a separate email to the bioperl guts email list?
    Anyway,  I've just added the files to the bug report as attachments,
in case someone needs them to construct a test.

--
Phillip