[Bioperl-l] Do we need Bio::Root::Object anymore?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 2 14:36:31 UTC 2006

> Sendu,
>
> No objection but someone should check the scripts in examples/root to make
> sure that they are not used there.
>
> Brian O.

I suppose it's also possible that the other bioperl distributions (like
bioperl-run) could use them as well.

If they do we can take care of them as they pop up.  These are really old
and haven't been revised in a long time.

The only one I worry about is Bio::Root::Storable b/c of Ensembl.  Does
anyone know where Will Spooner is?  He's the maintainer for
Bio::Root::Storable.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry