[Bioperl-l] Handling miRNA's

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 7 23:06:21 UTC 2006

Sorry if this gets posted twice.

Are you talking about sequences or text output from a specific program?  If
you are talking about sequences in a particular format, then Brian's right.
If you are talking about output, then we need to know which program you're
using, as a parser may exist, or prbably could be built from and existing
one.

There are a few modules in Bio::Tools that handle RNA (like QRNA,
tRNAscan-SE), so check those out first.  I'm currently finishing up a
Bio::Tools module for RNAMotif and have plans for making an ERPIN parser.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign