[Bioperl-l] Re: Bio::Matrix::PSM::PsmHeader

Stefan Kirov skirov at utk.edu
Tue May 24 10:36:49 EDT 2005

First, you need to send e-mails not to my personal one, but to the
bioperl list.
You need to look at Bio::Matrix::PSM::IO, Bio::Matrix::PSM::Psm and
Bio::Matrix::PSM::Bio::Matrix::PSM::InstanceSite objects. First one
parses the data in your mast report and the next_psm method returns Psm
object which contains section III as well as some other information.
Then you get the InstanceSite objects:
my $psmio=new Bio::Matrix::PSM::IO(-format=>'mast', -file=>$file);
while (my $psm=$psmio->next_psm) {
    my %instances=$psm->instances; #Indexed by the sequence identifier
    foreach my $hit (@instances) {
      print $hit->start; #Do something with the object- get the sequence
id, score, start, end, etc.
    }
}
 C'est tout.
Hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions. Also you may
want to upgrade to bioperl-live if you are using bioperl-1.4
Stefan