[Bioperl-l] SearchIO and fasta output

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Fri May 6 08:05:18 EDT 2005

It works great for me.  Concrete examples of a report are essential if
you want help.
What version of bioperl, FASTA?  etc.  There was an incompatibility
with the latest version of FASTA output and older bioperl - fixed in
CVS.

The -m 9 -d 0 will also parse.  For quick and dirty FASTA to tabular I
use scripts/searchio/fastam9_to_table which turns FASTA m9 output into
a blastall -m 9 like table (without SearchIO in fact so it is quite
fast).

There are several test files that get run in the test suite and the
test t/SearchIO.t which demonstrate FASTA parsing.