[Bioperl-l] Primer3.pm

Rob Edwards rob at salmonella.org
Tue Mar 29 11:31:56 EST 2005

Bio::Tools::Run::Primer3 is the interface to run the primer3 program.
Bio::Tools::Primer3 is the interface to parse the output from primer3.

If you already have run primer3 (or do it outside bioperl) then you
don't need the run module, you can use the parsing module and pass in
the file. If you want to take a sequence object, design primers against
it using primer3, and get sequence objects back for the primers and the
products then you need both.

Rob