[Bioperl-l] cannot find path to blastall

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at devgen.com
Wed Mar 16 02:53:14 EST 2005

> executables together with your data dir in on directory,
> something like:
> blast_dir
>     data
> In blast_dir you leave the execs, and in data the matrices,
> then add blast_dir to your path, in unix usung bash you do it
> like this:
> export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/blast_dir

You can say to blastall where to find the data files by setting the environmental variable BLASTMAT. If you are not sure what that should be, do a search for BLOSUM62. In my case it is in /usr/share/ncbi/data/.
Then you do 'export BLASTMAT=/usr/share/ncbi/data/'
Or you set it in you Perl script
$ENV{'BLASTMAT'} = '/usr/share/ncbi/data/';
HTH,
Marc