[Bioperl-l] GFF question

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Mon Mar 7 13:51:09 EST 2005

All of the Parsers produce Bio::SeqFeatureI objects (well nearly all of
them).  SeqFeatureI objects can be written out to GFF with
Bio::Tools::GFF (and presumably Bio::FeatureIO).   Some of the
genefeature parsers try and build Gene objects so you may have to
untangle them some to get at the underlying exons and write each of
those out to GFF as well.

There isn't a Repeatmasker parser in Bioperl that I know of although
Ensembl has one which could be ported some day.

-jason
--
Jason Stajich
jason.stajich at duke.edu