[Bioperl-l] Blast : Bus Error

Ferdinand Marlétaz ferdinand.marletaz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 05:58:27 EDT 2005

Well, I excclude memory problems (2 GB RAM on these machines) and
Database SIze problems (The error happens both with large and little
like 50 Mo DB). On top of that, I've already perform on the two
computers identical blast searches and the other computer runs very
well...
I don't think about Hardware problems too because this bugging
computer have led similar searches in the past without problem... So,
something could happened in the configuration what makes the blast
process faulty !  I just know that somebody have try to install linux
on this computer and don't manage to finish this installation. Maybe a
source of my current problems ?

What do you all think about that ?

Thanks

Ferdi