[Bioperl-l] Blast : Bus Error

Ferdinand Marlétaz ferdinand.marletaz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 04:49:31 EDT 2005

Hi,

I know my current problem is only farly related with bioperl but maybe
omebody would have already encountered it so, it can be tryed...

I try to run blast (tblastx) on a G5 powermac computer (OS : OS 10.4
Tiger but the same was happening with 10.3 Panther), it starts perfect
normal but after sometimes, it stops and displays either 'bus error'
or 'segmentation fault'... I'm quite surprised because I've never got
this problem on a second identical G5 in my lab ? I've try to change
blast version from 2.10 to 2.11... but it don't solved the problem.
I verify that it's not related to my databases in reformating them
from fasta...

So, I don't see where the problem can come from ? Does anybody have
encountered such problems or erros and have a solution or an idea
because I'd like to avoid reinstalling the system on this machine
cause loss of time...

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Ferdi