[Bioperl-l] load_seqdatabase won't

Mike Muratet muratem at eng.uah.edu
Wed Feb 9 17:30:35 EST 2005

Hilmar

I got the latest bioperl-db from the cvs server, and the latest biosql
from the openbio-org cvs server, and things were going swell. I was trying
to load some swissprot files and got the message:

Could not store P97718: Can't locate object method "new" via package
"Bio::Ontology::Ontology" at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Bio/DB/BioSQL/SimpleValueAdaptor.pm
line 613, <GEN65> line 88

I looked at SimpleValueAdaptor.pm and it's calling the 'new' method with
an argument,i.e., new(-name=>"Annotation Tags"). The perldoc for
Bio::Ontology::Ontology shows a new constructor that doesn't take any
arguments. I'm not experienced enough with OO perl to tell from the code
whether it does or not. SimpleValueAdaptor.pm _did_not_ define
Bio::Ontology::Ontology at the top of the file, but adding it doesn't fix
the problem.

There must be a simple answer, but it's beyond me. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike