[Bioperl-l] hash key for SeqFeatureI

Peter van Heusden pvh at egenetics.com
Thu Mar 25 10:05:18 EST 2004

Hi Bioperlers

I'm adding hash_key methods to various classes (part of my work in
making Bioperl object comparable), and for SeqFeatureI, I was wondering
whether the following is adaquate: primary_tag(), display_id(),
location->start(), location->end()? The point of a hash_key() method is
to return a string which uniquely identifies the object - i.e. if two
hash keys are identical, then the objects are equivalent.

And related to this, where is the strandedness of Bioperl SeqFeatures
stored?

Peter