[Bioperl-l] bioperl graphic question

jun hu junhu54 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 2 18:19:21 EST 2004

Hi,
Happy new Year, everyone!
Thanks for the info about graphic packages, I download the rpm Jason
provided and install it on another linux 9 machine, I also download the
latest bioperl-live using cvs on the same machine.
However, when install Bundle::bioperl using `perl -MCPAN -e "install
Bundle::BioPerl"` ,one error happen...
Bundle summary: The following items in bundle Bundle::LWP had installation
problems:
  Digest::MD5
This problem did not happen when I install on previous linux 7.3 machine.
Since it is related to LWP, I assue that I might be able to get away with
it... so I continue...
the other installation steps seem all right, and I have libgd2 now, so I
hope everything will be fine...
But I am not so lucky..., when I use the bioperl test program, like before,
no error message, I can get one png file (2217 bytes, which is much larger
than previous 838 bytes), however, the new png file is not viewable, at
least not on windows ... and the previous png file(when I use libgd1.8.4 on
linux 7.3), although no labels /feature, is still viewable... I was
wondering what else can go wrong ... , I also attach the png files I
generated although it is binary...
Jun Hu
UMDNJ