[Bioperl-l] Bio::SeqFeature::Primer Calculating the Primer TM

Rob Edwards redwards at utmem.edu
Tue Feb 17 20:21:02 EST 2004

Barry,

Thanks for this code. I really appreciate having an alternate method
for calculating this. When I wrote the module I just couldn't figure
out why the numbers wouldn't match. It seems Tm calculations are not as
straightforward as they should (?) be. I always use 60C for my PCR
annealing step and it works 99% of the time :-)

I added your code to Bio::SeqFeature::Primer in CVS and updated
t/Primer.pm too so that it passes.

I left the original calculation in the module, but renamed it
Tm_estimate so that it can be there for comparative purposes.

Rob