[Bioperl-l] SeqIO::GeneConstructionKit ??

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 17 11:57:18 EDT 2003

Cook, Malcolm wrote:
 > I'm looking at reforming some hunders (thousands) or GCK molecules
 > into genbank (or embl) format.

Don't know anything about the format but since there've been no other
suggestions here are a couple of thoughts.

> GCK has a binary format that I was hoping not to have to crack if it had already been done.

Is it possible that the company would supply details of the format if
you asked them?  That would make the problem a lot easier.

 > Only option I can suss out is to uyse menu option to export
 > one-at-a-time into GCC format (supported by GCK) and then translate
 > using either ReadSeq or SeqIO based script.

You could perhaps automate the GUI operation with one of the
macro/robot/automation tools so this wouldn't be too difficult.

HTH, Dave
--
Dave Howorth
MRC Centre for Protein Engineering