[Bioperl-l] 'Suspicious' headers

Michael Muratet muratet at hiwaay.net
Fri Oct 17 20:03:47 EDT 2003

Greetings

I sent an email to the list regarding modules in bioperl that would
format data for phylip (other than simple file format changes) from a
Windows machine and it bounced to the moderator for a 'suspicious
header'. Can anyone tell me what was suspicious, so I can fix it?

Regarding the original question: I'm trying to format data from a
clustalw alignment for use in a phylogeny program. There must be a
simple way to clip the ends of the sequences so they're all the same
length, pick a region without gaps, etc., but I can't find it in the
documentation. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Mike