[Bioperl-l] bp 1.2.3 ppm install fails

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 7 10:49:02 EDT 2003

Scott,

Randy Kobes has a number of PPM's for Windows that ActiveState doesn't
provide, for both Perl 5.6 and 5.8.  I believe ActiveState has an automated
build engine that will not post PPM's to the PPM depositories unless they
successfully build (no failed tests).  The only other way to get them to
post is to specifically ask for it on ASPN, and that may take them a
while.  I think I picked up most of the required external modules from
there, including GD (v 2.07).

If using ppm3:

rep add Kobes http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer

I think ppm2 is similar, but I haven't used it in a while.

Chris Fields

Chris Fields - Postdoctoral Researcher
Lab of Dr. Robert Switzer

Address: