[Bioperl-l] bp 1.2.3 ppm install fails

Scott Cain cain at cshl.org
Tue Oct 7 09:32:19 EDT 2003

Brian,

As far as I can tell, the '-force' option in ppm (for perl 5.8) is only
useful for reinstalling modules that it thinks are already installed
(and even then, it doesn't always do that).  I'm not sure what a good
solution is, since I don't think the ActiveState framework allows
"optional" modules.   :-/

As a side note, I did find a libxml that I could install via ppm
elsewhere with google, but this mess means that I have to give
directions to users who want to install GBrowse via ppm how to get
libxml even though they don't need it for GBrowse.

Thanks,
Scott